Modern industrial design for your ears made with left over links from replacing the chain on my bicycle...
• The bottom brass hoops measure about 1 1/8" inches across and 2mm thick, the top brass hoops about 1/2" an inch across and 1.5mm thick.
• They are hand cut and soldered through steel bike links that are loosely placed together so they will move around a bit.
• The top hoops have sterling silver posts and come with sterling silver butterfly backs.
• They will take about two weeks to solder and finish since they are hard to shape with the links in them.
• Also note, the brass will tarnish fairly quickly and the links may leave small nicks in the brass over time but this is to be expected.
• To shine them up again just buff with a polishing cloth and store in an air tight container.